We advise our clients on all aspects of Austrian and European antitrust law. We represent Austrian and international undertakings in all proceedings before the Austrian Federal Competition Authority (Bundeswettbewerbsbehörde), the Austrian Cartel Court and the European Commission.
There is a strong focus on merger clearance proceedings on the national and EU level. We have particular experience in the areas of analogue & digital media, telecommunications, postal & insurance services, and in the food & beverages industry.
- drafting of merger filings (merger control)
- market abuse proceedings
- reviewing and amending of agreements, including territory and customer allocation, exchange of information between competitors, exclusivity agreements, and fidelity rebates
- internal trainings ('mock investigations')
- antitrust due diligence reviews
- support and advice during investigations by the competition authorities ('dawn raids')
Expertise & Experience
- merger filing for the acquisition of a 50% share in a stock corporation in the field of company pension schemes (approved without conditions and obligations)
- merger filing for the acquisition of 74.9% of the shares in 'Wiener Bezirkszeitung' by Regionalmedien Austria AG (client) from feibra GmbH (approved without conditions and obligations)
- representation of Redmail Logistik & Zustell Service GmbH in market abuse proceedings in connection with the de facto exclusivity of Österreichische Post AG in the field of newspaper delivery in Austria
- representation of Coca-Cola Beverages Austria GmbH in the merger control proceedings before the Austrian Federal Competition Authority in connection with its acquisition of 'Römerquelle' (approved with conditions)
- representation of the Coca-Cola Beverages group in Austria in the dawn raid proceedings of the European Commission